Back and neck pain / David Darwent
- Broadoak Chiropractic, The Sides Medical Centre,Moorside Road, Swinton. M27 0EW
- Core Wellbeing, The Old Bank, 87 Town Lane, Mobberley WA16 7HH
Techniques and Treatments
Chiropractic specialises in the diagnosis, treatment, and management of muscular, skeletal conditions that arise from mechanical dysfunction. Treatment involves safe, gentle specific adjustments done manually to free tension in both joints and muscles, primarily around the spine. These adjustments help to restore normal alignment, relaxation of the muscle and help release nerve irritation.
My special interests are Applied Kinesiology and Proprioceptive Medicine. These techniques are used to assess the body to ascertain the most effective way of treating the affected area. Quite often, as well as treating the symptomatic area, treatment can be directed at an asymptomatic area, that once released allows the strain and consequent relief of symptoms.
Proprioceptive and Kinesiology assessment are ideally placed for assessing the body in this way.
Exercises are an important part of the healing process; an exercise programme will be given as well as postural and ergonomic advice. This advice will be given to aid recovery and maintain good health.
What We Treat
- Back Pain
- Back pain in pregnancy
- Neck pain and whiplash injury
- Headaches and Migraines
- Shoulder, arm and wrist problems.
- Hip, knee and ankle complaints
- Sports injuries
- Repetitive strain injury
- Arthritis symptoms
- Foot problems
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Some visceral problems respond well such as IBS , colic, heartburn, reflux and asthma.